Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Took me a bit to get this recipe "just right". I cooked the corned beef brisket myself first, but I suppose you could cheat a little if short on time. A very hearty meal in itself!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped,sauteed or microwaved til tender
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sauerkraut, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked, drained
- 1 (3 lb) corned beef brisket, cooked,diced or cubed
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 -4 cups rye bread, cubed, tossed in
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, lightly toasted in oven on cookie sheet (however much you have on hand works just fine)
- Cook corned beef, cube, set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together the soups, milk, onion and mustard, set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix together the drained sauerkraut, brown sugar and caraway seeds, set aside.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- In large crock pot or baking dish layer in order:.
- kraut mixture.
- soup mixture.
- corned beef.
- Bake on low in crock pot for about 3-4 hours til it starts to bubble a little.
- Top with toasted rye bread cubes, bake about 20-30 minutes longer.
- *Ifbaking in oven, bake covered at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, top with bread cubes, bake uncovered for about 10-15 minutes longer or til all is hot.