4 hrs 20 mins
Took me a bit to get this recipe "just right". I cooked the corned beef brisket myself first, but I suppose you could cheat a little if short on time. A very hearty meal in itself!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped,sauteed or microwaved til tender
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sauerkraut, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked, drained
- 1 (3 lb) corned beef brisket, cooked,diced or cubed
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 -4 cups rye bread, cubed, tossed in
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, lightly toasted in oven on cookie sheet (however much you have on hand works just fine)
- 1Cook corned beef, cube, set aside.
- 2In large bowl, mix together the soups, milk, onion and mustard, set aside.
- 3In medium bowl, mix together the drained sauerkraut, brown sugar and caraway seeds, set aside.
- 4Cook noodles and drain.
- 5In large crock pot or baking dish layer in order:.
- 6kraut mixture.
- 8soup mixture.
- 9corned beef.
- 11Bake on low in crock pot for about 3-4 hours til it starts to bubble a little.
- 12Top with toasted rye bread cubes, bake about 20-30 minutes longer.
- 13*Ifbaking in oven, bake covered at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, top with bread cubes, bake uncovered for about 10-15 minutes longer or til all is hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Reuben Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (496 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 955.5
- Calories from Fat 570
- Total Fat 63.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 229.2 mg
- Sodium 6488.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 56.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: