Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Took me a bit to get this recipe "just right". I cooked the corned beef brisket myself first, but I suppose you could cheat a little if short on time. A very hearty meal in itself!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped,sauteed or microwaved til tender
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sauerkraut, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked, drained
- 1 (3 lb) corned beef brisket, cooked,diced or cubed
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 -4 cups rye bread, cubed, tossed in
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, lightly toasted in oven on cookie sheet (however much you have on hand works just fine)
- Cook corned beef, cube, set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together the soups, milk, onion and mustard, set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix together the drained sauerkraut, brown sugar and caraway seeds, set aside.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- In large crock pot or baking dish layer in order:.
- kraut mixture.
- soup mixture.
- corned beef.
- Bake on low in crock pot for about 3-4 hours til it starts to bubble a little.
- Top with toasted rye bread cubes, bake about 20-30 minutes longer.
- *Ifbaking in oven, bake covered at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, top with bread cubes, bake uncovered for about 10-15 minutes longer or til all is hot.
This is similar to a recipe I had but this is so much better. YUM! Used deli turkey pastrami and had homemade thousand island on the side. Great job.
This was so good! We halved the recipe and the only other change was dabbing a little bit of thousand island dressing on the top. Excellent! Will definitely make again.
I'm asked to make this every St Patrick's Day now. Thanks.