1/1 Photo of Ultimate Raisin Slice
This delicious slice is a favorite at our Church gatherings and potlucks. A great 'bake and take' recipe. This recipe was shared and has made many a coffee and dessert time special for family and friends. The first time making I was a little intimidated, but don't be ... it is easily put together and a snap to make, if taking to a potluck expect no left overs to take back home!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FILLING (this needs to be prepared and cooled)
- 1 1/3 cups raisins (packed)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (I use Realemon)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
MIXTURE FOR BASE AND TOP
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, to sprinkle on top
- 2Over medium heat bring raisins and water to boil, simmer two minutes and stir in sugar.
- 3Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and add to raisin mix to thicken, you can use a little more cornstarch if needed to thicken the filling.
- 4When thickened remove from heat and add the lemon juice and the tablespoon of margarine, cool.
- 5BASE AND TOP MIXTURE.
- 6In large mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, Baking Powder and mix with a whisk.
- 7Cut in the margarine.
- 8Stir in the small egg with a fork.
- 10In a 9x9 pan spread a little over half of the Base And Top mixture in pan, reserving the rest for the top.
- 11Spread the cooled raisin filling over the base and put the remainder of the Base and Top mix over raisin filling, at this point it may look a little'messy' I find dropping bits all over the top and use the palm of my hand to even it out a bit works well for me.
- 12Not to worry when you still see the raisin filling here and there as this spreads as it bakes.
- 13Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of sugar over the top, bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes (until nicely browned).
- 14Note, I often make double the filling, make up one and a half times the base and bake in a 9x13 pan when baking for a crowd.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Raisin Slice
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.9
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 256.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 36.8 g
- Protein 3.2 g