Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Saving this here for future use! Sound quick and easy. Could add other ingredients, as desired, to suit your taste!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook chicken and tomatoes over medium heat 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture and some cheese; fold in half.
- Cook in skillet over medium heat 3 minutes per side or until crisp. Cut and serve.
After making these for many years too, I don't even order quesadillas in restaurants anymore - the chicken's better at homes, after soaking up the Ro-Tel juices! I have tried all different fajita spices and find Spice Islands Spicy Chicken Seasoning to be the very best. Making this for the team recipe swap game was my first attempt using my brand new Cuisinart Griddler, first grilling the chicken on it and then grilling the quesadillas...YUM!
I love this recipe...I make it all the time, I actually thought I had created this myself. It is so quick and yummy! I usually cook the chicken first using either fajita seasoning from McCormick or adobo seasoning, or just a garlic type seasoning. Then I let it simmer in the Ro-tel till most of the juices are gone. Then I spray the tortillas with non stick cooking spray, add the ingredients and do not fold in half. I stack one on top of the other, and cook on my griddle. Super easy and yummy!