Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A decadent twist on a classic. Made for RSC #9.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounces coconut milk
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 ounces white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine pumpkin through coconut milk. Stir well & pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F & bake about 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- While pie is baking, thinly slice apricots.
- Cool pie on wire rack.
- Carefully melt white chocolate either in a small bowl over a small pan of hot water or in the microwave, stirring after every 30 seconds until melted & smooth.
- When the pie has cooled, sprinkle top with slivered apricots & shredded coconut.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over the top in a crisscross fashion.
I just made the filling, and not the dried fruit toppings. This was a wonderful alternative to the often too-sweet, too-spicy traditional pumpkin pie. The flavor is delicate and creamy, and very satisfying. I made a gingersnap crust with MI-DEL gluten-free gingersnaps, and it was a perfect complement to the pumpkin and coconut milk. This one goes in my saved recipes folder!
Hubby loved it - and everyone thought it was yummy. Just a hint of coconut. I had also made a pumpkin cheesecake (and am not a big fan of pumpkin pie) so I haven't tried a slice yet. Subtle hint of coconut. Nice. Thanks for sharing.
WOW! I say again WOW! I love pumpkn pie (it's probably my favorite) but the coconut milk really makes this special. The apricots were a wonderful surprise. I added a few sliced almonds to the top and a glorious dollop of whipped cream...just heavenly! And easy1 I'm doing another one for Thanksgiving.