1/4 Photos of Ultimate Pumpkin Cheesecake (By Bird)
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a very creamy and perfect balance between regular cheesecake and pumpkin pie. A hit at any holiday party. Superb pumpkin icing is wonderful and optional. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter, cold
- 118.29 ml finely crushed gingersnap cookie
- 78.07 ml finely crushed toasted sliced almonds
- 4 (907.18 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 158.51 ml canned pumpkin
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 3 large eggs
Superb pumpkin icing
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F Prep a 9-10" spring form pan as follows: Place a sheet of parchement paper over the inside bottom of the springform pan, fit the rim and lock in place. Trim excess paper from the underside of the pan. Place a large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil on counter. Place the locked pan in center and raise up the foil to top rim. Crinkle around the outer top of rim.
- 2Using some cold butter, coat the bottom, corner (crease) and sides of pan and then press the crushed toasted almonds to the bottom and a little up the side. Sprinkle the crushed gingersnaps onto the bottom of the pan.
- 3In a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese at low speed until soft and smooth, about 1 minute. Add the pureed pumpkin, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, mixing well and scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally. Add the eggs, one at a time, allowing incorporation between each egg.
- 4Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place the cake pan inside a water bath (which is a large roasting pan and pour in very hot tap water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the cake pan.). Bake for 1.5 hours, or until the center reaches 150F with an instant read digital thermometer.
- 5Remove the cake pan from the larger pan, remove the foil and set aside to cool on a rack. Do not release spring. Refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours (overnight is best).
- 6Release the spring, and carefully lift off the rim. (at this point, you can easily slide the cake onto a serving platter using the parchment paper).
- 7SUPERB ICING: In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, 1 cup confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice until well blended and smooth. Spread on top of cake or use a pastry bag to decorate.
- 8NOTE: To toast almonds, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the almonds on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven until golden, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool. Place in a mini food processor and pulse to chop.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Pumpkin Cheesecake (By Bird)
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.5
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 134.9 mg
- Sodium 362.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: