Recipe by MaryLeeColletSmith
This is a salad, with the base being potatoes instead of lettuce. Like a salad it can have ANY vegetable that you desire. First time I made it for my in-laws pot luck; I used serving bowl. Now I have to use the Turkey Roaster pot to have enough for everyone. Prepare a day ahead of using
- 5 lbs bag red potatoes
- 1 head celery
- 1 (8 ounce) bag radishes
- 2 green peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) bag carrots
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 1 dozen egg white
- 1 dozen egg yolk
- 1 (10 ounce) jar Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes and eggs until cooked. Once the eggs are cooked remove the yolks for the sauce and then chop whites to bite size. Chop all the vegetables to bite size. Put all egg whites and vegetables into a large deep roaster (I use my Turkey one)
- Place the egg yolks in a large mixing bowl and use a fork to break into small pieces. Fold in the Miracle Whip until jar is empty. Add sweet pickle relish and mustard. Blend together until smooth.
- Slowly add the sauce to the vegetables and mix until each piece is thoroughly coated.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.