Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this recipe in the customer recipes section of the HSN.com site. "Creamy Cheesecake with Caramel, pecans, and chocolate, a decadent treat for special occasions, birthdays, potluck's and holidays." Waggoner Chocolate's Cashew Dainties can be found on HSN.coml or your favorite turtle candies.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cookie dough, such as refrigerated cookie dough at the market
- 24 ounces soft cream cheese
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 10 turtle candies, chopped into chunks (Waggoner Chocolate's Cashew Dainties)
- 6 cashews, dainties
- caramel sauce (jarred can be used to save time)
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F.
- Cookie Dough Crust:
- Line bottom of 9 inch springform pan with circle of parchment paper. Press defrosted cookie dough into the bottom of the pan . Bake for 10 minutes and cool.
- Cheese Filling:
- Cream together the sugar, cornstarch and cream cheese with mixer until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, while continuing to mix.
- Stir in the rum extract and chopped cashew dainties.
- Spoon onto baked cookie dough base and bake for 45 minutes to 1 1/4 hours until set through, although still will be slightly wiggly.
- Cool in fridge until cold and set.
- Remove from pan and garnish with 12 halves of cashew dainties to mark slices.
- Slice with hot knife and serve with caramel sauce.