Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
WARNING: This pie can be habit forming. Please consume responsibly. Thanks to Chef Craig Common of The Common Grill in Anne Arbor Michigan. If you like this you will want to get his THE COMMON GRILL COOKBOOK. All the recipes are top notch and worth every moment spent on them. This is so quick and easy you won't believe it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 9 ounces chocolate wafer cookies, crushed fine (Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers are my favorite.)
- 20 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 20 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- hot fudge (optional)
- To make crust combine crushed cookies and melted butter until well mixed. Press into 9-inch springform pan working the crust 2-inches high along the sides.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer until smooth. Add peanut butter and beat until all ingredients are well-blended. (This is not for a mixer that is faint of heart) Set peanut butter mixture aside.
- In another bowl beat cream and powdered sugar until the mixture forms stiff peaks. Gently fold in whipped cream using 1/3 of mixture at a time.
- Pour into springform pan.
- (optional) Sprinkle with chopped honey roasted peanuts.
- Put in freezer until firm (3-5 hours depending on your freezer).
- When firm, remove pie from the springform pan to serve.
- Serve with your favorite hot fudge sauce if you desire though this is awesome on its own!
- Make sure to refrigerate leftovers (if there are any).