Recipe by RSHDiva
The technique and batter are adaptable to any fruit you may like to use. Peaches and raspberries, berries of any kind, apples -- you name it and this cobbler makes it wonderful. I received it third hand from someone who said it appeared in Southern Living at some point.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 -5 cups fruit (your choice..even canned will work)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- cinnamon or nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Melt butter in 13" x 9" baking dish in oven while it's heating.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, & salt; add milk, stirring just until moistened. Pour batter over melted butter in pan. DO NOT STIR.
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Gently fold in raspberries, then pour over batter. DO NOT STIR.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg, if used. Bake 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.