Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Not low fat, healthy or friendly to anyone, but bloomin tasty! Try it once want it always!
- 300 g shortcrust pastry, thawed if frozen
- 25 g butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 900 g onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium eggs
- 300 ml double cream
- 40 g vegetarian parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 190°C.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line a deep 23cm fluted flan tin. Line with baking paper and fill with baking beans. Bake blind for 15 minutes.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan, then gently fry the onions, covered, for about 30 minutes until completely softened, but still pale in colour.
- Beat the eggs and cream together in a bowl, then add the cheese and some seasoning. Stir in the onions, then spoon the mixture into the flan case. Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly set and browned.