Recipe by Sue Lau
These have been a family favorite for years. I always make them whenever I am making loads of cookies!
Top Review by lynn l
Believe it or not, first time I've ever made oatmeal raisin cookies and I definitely picked a terrific recipe. Added just a touch more vanilla and cinnamon and they were fantastic!
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups oats (quick cooking or old-fashioned)
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together brown sugar and butter until smooth.
- Stir in baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
- Add eggs and stir until blended.
- Stir in oats, flour and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet, about 2-inches apart.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from cookie sheet at once and cool on wire rack.