Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Wanted to make my own version of coffee shop oatmeal cookies. Took a few tries but really like what I ended up with. They're soft and chewy and loaded with dried fruit to make them extra good.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- (Cream together the softened butter, shortening, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy).
- (Add the molasses, eggs, and vanilla and beat well).
- (Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and mace and add to mixture and beat till blended well).
- (Stir in the oatmeal, nuts and dried fruit).
- (Drop by spoonful on parchment paper lined cookie sheets and flatten slightly).
- (Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes).
- (Cool on pan for 1 minute and then move to wire rack).
Big grin here. I made 2 dozen cookies using Splenda and Splenda Brown for the sugars. I'm out of apricots so had to skip them and used frozen fresh cranberries for the dried (I like them a lot better) and got some utterly delicious cookies. I'll certainly keep this recipe to use again. Made foe PAC, Spring 2014.