Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Tasty oatmeal cookie that has been made in our family since I was little. A little bit different oatmeal cookie in that it has cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, sift flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, water and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture; mix well.
- Stir in quick oats and raisins.
- Drop by well rounded teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Cool on tray for 1 minute and move to wire rack to complete cooling.
Yummie! Youre right, this is the "ultimate" oatmeal cookie. Its chewy and incredible, plus my whole house smelled good. This would be the perfect autumn cookie b/c it tastes like pumkin bread meets oatmeal raisin cookie. Thanks!!
very nice oatmeal cookie!! nice and soft, even for the baby..!
So easy to make and they taste so good! I like the crispy outside and the chewy inside, a real 5* recipe in my books!