Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is our go-to recipe when the boys want cookies. These are delicious! I'm sure that you can use other oats but I have only used the Large Flake Oats. Copied from Canadian Living Magazine. Enjoy!
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups large-flake rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In separate bowl, whisk together rolled oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt - stir into butter mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping 1 tbsp, about 2 inches apart, onto prepared pans. Bake in top and bottom thirds of 375°F oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, until golden, about 12 - 15 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool.
Nice flavor in a cookie. I did find that they flattened out completely which I found strange as I left them in mounds on the sheets before baking. They are totally soft too which is deceiving as the cookies look like they would be crisp being so flat. I'm thinking next time of bulking them out with a bit less butter and maybe a few more oats to help them hold their shape. Outside of all this though the flavor is wonderful and it is not stopping my family from gobbling them up! Made for Went to the Market Tag Game.
I baked the cookies only 10 minutes. They are so yummy. I used only 1 cup of chocolate chips. I may try it again without the chocolate. Thanks Nif :) Made for PRMR tag game