Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pudding is so rich and creamy, it almost tastes more like mousse! You'd never guess it was made with tofu. I got it from the Dairy-Free and Delicious cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled silken tofu (I use Mori-Nu silken lite tofu - firm)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar or 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup or 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt, tiny
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Process until smooth, creamy, and thick.
- Chill until ready to serve.
I thought this was great, but I like tofu. I tried to sneak it past my kids, but they were on to me. One of my daughters described the flavor as being too heavy in the mouth. This is a great recipe for those who are vegan or lactose intolerant.
I used a soft tofu, it went very liquid - so I popped it into my ice cream maker and it only took a few minutes to freeze. Yum.
This wasn't mind blowing dessert, but still good vegan pudding. I think using melted non dairy dark chocolate instead of cocoa powder would have worked better.