Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
My friends' Vicky and Vilma were having a party for some friends who came from Cuba but they lived in Mexico for about 10 years. So we scouted about for recipes for their "new taste buds" because Cuban food is bland. These nachos were liked by all and not too many of us noticed the heat! I know there are many of you out there that like things even hotter; go ahead doctor it up! Great for Super Bowl Sunday!
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) baglarge tortilla chips
- 1 cup refried beans
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pickled jalapeno chile
- 1 small jalapeno chile, seeded, ribs removed, and minced
- 1⁄2 cup canned sliced black olives
- fresh cilantro leaves
- chili sauce (optional) or hot pepper sauce (optional)
- chopped tomato, for serving (optional)
- sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Top each chip with about 1 teaspoon beans and 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese; evenly divide chiles and olives among chips.
- Transfer to an ovenproof serving platter, forming layers; add chili sauce.
- Bake until heated through and cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove, and garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Serve immediately topped with tomatoes and sour cream, if desired.