Recipe by Cook4_6
The Certified Angus Beef Company is based in our small town. They employ lots of great people, and have wonderful suggestions for fabulous ways to use the product they market!
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
Wow ~ what a delicious burger! I love mushrooms so this is right up my alley. I served DH's in a burger roll instead of the portabella but I served mine as posted. The only thing I changed was to swap the sherry for some white wine ~ otherwise I made as posted and loved the smoked gouda flavor. Thanks for posting! Made for Pick~A~Chef, Spring 2008.
- 3 lbs certified angus ground chuck
- salt and pepper
- 6 portabella mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- olive oil, as needed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄3 lb grated smoked gouda cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Season ground chuck with salt and pepper, portion into 8-ounce (225 g) patties and grill to desired doneness.
- Brush both sides of whole portabellas with olive oil, season lightly with salt and pepper and grill approximately 10 minutes per side.
- Melt butter in a medium fry pan. Add sliced mushrooms and sherry, and cook for about 8-10 minutes over medium heat.
- To assemble, top each portabella with a burger, mushroom slices and grated Gouda cheese. Move to the top shelf of grill and close lid until cheese is soft and slightly melted.