Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
I wanted to take the traditional enchilada and twist it up into something different but more delicious, I think you will like it
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces diced olives
- Dethaw chicken breasts if frozen. Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray or lightly coat with shortening. Place a single breast into a ziplock, do not close. Continuously beat with mallet or rolling pin evenly until chicken breast is about 1/2 inch thick. Do this with every chicken breast.
- Melt butter, coat both sides of chicken. Shred 1 3/4 cheese and mix with the tomatoes and chilis, 1/2 pkg of taco seasoning,1/4 C onion.
- Put 1/4 cup of mixture in each breast. Do not overfill. Rolling is easiest if mixture is compact, tuck sides while roling away from you. Place in pan, edges on bottom.
- Bring Enchilada sauce to a boil, stirring in the chilli powder, garlic, and remaining onion. Pour hot sauce over the breasts. Top with remaining cheese, and olives. Cover with tin foil.
The recipe sounds great. However, the cooking time was omitted and what do you do with the remaining taco seasoning?
This is spectacular chicken! I used SweetsLady's Homemade Enchilada Sauce #222519 for the sauce, omitted the butter, and followed the rest of the instructions as directed. Very good. I cooked mine for 1 hour, 15 minutes (I couldn't find a cook time in the instructions section). Made for Healthy Choices Tag Game, 2/18/09 - NELady.