Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. Hashbrowns wrapped with a topping of bacon, shrimp, onion, spinach,eggs and cheese. Prep can be also done the night before if you want dinner in 15 minutes. Slice into wedges like pizza. I purchase frozen small shrimp 90-120 in a pkg that needs no prep. They are cooked, peeled, devined, tails off.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 40 shrimp, cooked, thawed
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a oven proof non stick large skillet, cook bacon. Drain on paper towel.
- Add shrimp, onions, spinach and cumin. Cook until spinach is wilted and onions are transparent. Take out with a slotted spoon and place in a large bowl.
- Break bacon into pieces and add to bowl with garlic.
- Add eggs, milk and 1/2 teaspoons salt. Mix well with fork.
- Then add the cheese and mix.
- On medium high heat cook hash browns. Sprinkle with pepper and salt, turning in sections until all slightly browned. Pat down so the hash browns fill the fry pan and the top is flat.
- Turn heat down to medium, pour the egg mixture over the potatoes. Use a spatula to move the egg to the potato edges. In 7 minutes the egg mixture.
- will be set around the sides and edges. The middle will still be loose.
- Set the oven on broil 400* and place frying pan under for 2 minutes.
- Use mitt to take out pan. Slide on a platter. Cut in large wedges.
This was totally YUMMY. I didn't prepare but had it served to me. Perfect balance and hearty.
I can eat the whole pan worth all by myself & not share this one! Awesome. Thank you for a great recipe.