Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law. Mashed potatoes can be so boring sometimes and this adds a lot of flavor and crunch.
- 6 -7 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 small onion, chopped very fine
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French's French fried onions
- Boil potatoes until tender and then mash.
- Mix onion, cream cheese, sour cream and cheddar cheese in with potatoes (you can add a little milk if it gets too thick--you want it to be really creamy).
- Spread mixture into a rectangle pan and bake in 400° oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly around the edges.
- Top with the French's onion the last 5 minutes in oven.
- Serve and enjoy!
This turned out ok. I would really like to know about how many pounds of potatoes this was meant to be. It needed salt. Also, the top of the casserole dried out and the fried onions didn't really integrate into the dish. They just slid right off when serving. I served this with Kittencal's Easy and Delicious Ranch-Parmesan Chicken and Super Easy Sauteed Italian Peppers.
Really good recipe but there is no salt in this recipe and, IMHO, potatoes need salt. Other than that, fantastic recipe. Thanks for sharing.
This recipe was outrageous!!! I made it one night to spice up some mashed potatoes and my boyfriend couldn't get enough of them and I got a bunch of "yummy's and ohhh's" from him. Thanks! Definately recommend. Oh did add some fresh parsley. :)