Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from an M&M's recipe booklet I picked up somewhere. This does not use peanut butter like a lot of other recipes on this site with M&M's. I hope you like them.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in M&M's (and nuts if using).
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes in a 350F oven. (They should be lightly browned and centers still soft. Do not overbake or they will become flat and crisp after cooling).
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Yummy cookie recipe. We made these for our 2010 cookie trays for the holidays and everyone loved them. We used red and green m&m's and they looked so festive. These cookied were soft and full of flavor. Thank you so much for sharing this with us, its definately a recipe I will pull out all year long.
Made these cookies to take to my grandsons today and we sampled a few of them:) I did not add the nuts because of the boys. I only added 3/4 of the bag and glad that I did because for us the full bag would have been too much for us. I used a tablespoon for measuring and I made 3 dozen cookies. It took min 12 minutes in the oven. Thanks for sharing!
These were good and the kids loved helping me make them. It keep our minds off things as Hurrican Ike was getting closer to us. I did find they were a little to sweet though. Thanks for sharing this super easy cookie recipe.