Recipe by HokiesMom
This is from an M&M's recipe booklet I picked up somewhere. This does not use peanut butter like a lot of other recipes on this site with M&M's. I hope you like them.
Top Review by mommyoffour
Yummy cookie recipe. We made these for our 2010 cookie trays for the holidays and everyone loved them. We used red and green m&m's and they looked so festive. These cookied were soft and full of flavor. Thank you so much for sharing this with us, its definately a recipe I will pull out all year long.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag miniature M&M's chocolate candies
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in M&M's (and nuts if using).
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes in a 350F oven. (They should be lightly browned and centers still soft. Do not overbake or they will become flat and crisp after cooling).
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.