Recipe by Elizabeth W.
This is a simple recipe that will get ooh's and aah's with every bite!
Top Review by baltisraul
I made this with imitation lobster since my wife refuses to put real lobster in anything but unclarified melted butter. We both just loved it. We are trying it out on other family members tomorrow as a side dish for Christmas dinner.
- kosher salt
- 1 lb elbow macaroni or 1 lb your favorite macaroni
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups extra-sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked lobster meat
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook according to directions on the package (usually 7 minutes). Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat milk in a small saucepan, but do not boil it. In a large pot, melt butter and add flour. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes, stirring with a whisk. While whisking, add in the hot milk and cook for another two minutes until thickened and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add in the cheeses, salt to taste, pepper, and nutmeg. Add the cooked pasta and lobster and stir well.
- Spoon mixture into 6 individual serving-sized ramekins.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until bubbly and the lightly browned on top.