1/1 Photo of Ultimate Lobster Mac and Cheese
Elizabeth W.'s Note:
This is a simple recipe that will get ooh's and aah's with every bite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- kosher salt
- 1 lb elbow macaroni or 1 lb your favorite macaroni
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups extra-sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked lobster meat
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook according to directions on the package (usually 7 minutes). Drain well.
- 3Meanwhile, heat milk in a small saucepan, but do not boil it. In a large pot, melt butter and add flour. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes, stirring with a whisk. While whisking, add in the hot milk and cook for another two minutes until thickened and smooth. Remove from heat.
- 4Add in the cheeses, salt to taste, pepper, and nutmeg. Add the cooked pasta and lobster and stir well.
- 5Spoon mixture into 6 individual serving-sized ramekins.
- 6Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until bubbly and the lightly browned on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Lobster Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1138.2
- Calories from Fat 563
- Total Fat 62.5 g
- Saturated Fat 38.4 g
- Cholesterol 352.7 mg
- Sodium 1412.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 67.6 g