This is a simple recipe that will get ooh's and aah's with every bite!
Make and share this Ultimate Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- kosher salt
- 1 lb elbow macaroni or 1 lb your favorite macaroni
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups extra-sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked lobster meat
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook according to directions on the package (usually 7 minutes). Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat milk in a small saucepan, but do not boil it. In a large pot, melt butter and add flour. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes, stirring with a whisk. While whisking, add in the hot milk and cook for another two minutes until thickened and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add in the cheeses, salt to taste, pepper, and nutmeg. Add the cooked pasta and lobster and stir well.
- Spoon mixture into 6 individual serving-sized ramekins.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until bubbly and the lightly browned on top.