Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on the internet but I cannot remember where. I swear it is the absolute best cookies you will ever eat. They are sweet, chewy and you cannot eat just one. I promise if you try them, they will be a favorite.
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup oats (uncooked oatmeal)
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
mix and match as you like
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup toffee pieces (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, corn flakes, sugars, raisins and coconut.
- Add eggs, vanilla and melted butter.
- Mix until well blended.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- In a seperate bowl, mix flour salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture and stir until it is all incorporated into the dough.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 12- 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
This is a very good cookie. Very easy to make. I added coconut, chocolate chips and walnut, thinking I would be the only one who ate this cookie. I was wrong my son just loves them. Which was a big surpise to me because he doesn't like nuts at all!!
I added all of the optional ingredients. These really are KILLER cookies. Crisp on the outside and chewy in the middle.
I chose this recipe as one from pick-a-chef. They are absolutely awesome. I loved how the bottom cooked up, nice a crisp, but not too crisp and the top stayed chewy. I added the raisins and toffee pieces to mine and I'm so glad I did. I like how the recipe gives you options. Thanks mewmew