Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sweet, moist and dense...how cornbread is done around here. Can add a small can of jalapenos for spice, but I do not.
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey, more for drizzling after baked
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour into greased/floured 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Drizzle top of bread with honey (about 3-4 T) if desired once bread is out of the oven.
Great recipe! I didn't have the creamed corn, but added a handful of green onions and the flavor was awesome. Sweet and moist with a pop of onions and cheese. I did only bake it for 20 minutes. It's better to start a shorter timer and add time as necessary until it's golden.