Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and easy way to make Salmon Croquettes
Make and share this Ultimate Jewish Salmon Croquettes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans salmon
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (Fat Free)
- 2 small onions (Finely Chopped)
- 1 egg (X-tra Large)
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- Drain and remove skin, bones from salmon in a bowl.
- Beat one egg in bowl.
- Mash salmon with fork.
- Add in egg and mash well into salmon.
- Add your finely chopped onion (mix).
- Add 2 TBS of sour cream (mix).
- Add in your bread crumbs (mix).
- If it is too wet, add a little more bread crumbs.
- Consistency when you put it on a spoon it doesn't slide off.
- Use a TBS to form little ovals and place in oil and fry until brown; flip over and push down with spatula to flatten it and fry on that side.
- Serve with sour cream, butter egg noodles, and vegetable.
This was very delicious and I was skeptical about adding in the sour cream but this was like the way my bubbie used to make it in Poland. i have tried others but this on was the best and I had a lot of leftovers and ate them the next day cold. Very Good Recipe!! It brought me back to my childhood...