1/2 Photos of Ultimate Irish Apple Cake
This Irish apple cake is like a spice cake with the extra addition of juicey apples!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened (room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten (room temperature)
- 4 granny smith apples, cored, peeled and diced (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Generously grease an 8-inch square cake pan.
- 3In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 4Add the egg, apples, nuts, and vanilla and stir well.
- 5Sift in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 6Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake about 45 minutes, until the cake is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 7Remove from oven and let the cake set in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan.
- 8Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Irish Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.9
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 246.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g