Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Got 5 minutes? You can make garlic toast with real garlic! This kick-in-the-teeth garlic toast will keep the vampires miles away. Once I tried this, I've never made it any other way. Simple, yet satisfying.
- 1 slice bread (I use my homemade honey wheat oatmeal bread - recipe on Zaar)
- 1 clove garlic, fresh,peeled
- butter (as needed)
- 1 pinch salt (teensy weensy) (optional)
- Using your pop-up toaster, toast the slice of bread until it starts to brown.
- Firmly grasp the garlic clove, and rub it across the toasted bread.
- Continue rubbing until the entire clove of garlic has been rubbed into the toast.
- Butter the toast lightly- or heavily- your choice.
- Sprinkle with a teensy weensy pinch of salt, if desired.
I could not believe how simple and great this was!!!! The garlic flavor was AWESOME!!!! Thanks so much for posting!!
Yeehaww! Great garlic flavor. I used some rustic French bread that I had grilled. Thanks Bobbie.
WOW! This is delicious, easy, quick, and much much healthier than most pre-made garlic breads. I used only about half a clove of garlic and the flavor was great! I used spray butter (zero cals) which is already salty, so I didn't need any salt. Thanks so much for this awesome recipe!