Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a tweaked version of a recipe from my Grandma Frank. Wonderful side dish to any meat item.
- 2 (20 ounce) packages potatoes (the green packages in the dairy section, southwest variety, hashbrown)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (with herbs)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh cracked pepper (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- In a very large mixing bowl, combine hashbrowns and remaining ingredients. Taste -- add salt, pepper, cayenne to taste -- but if you aren't a food snob this step is not necessary.
- Spoon into a greased 9x13 dish, bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until top is browned (i sometimes broil the last couple minutes).