Recipe by KPD
I can't even begin to tell you how awesome and yummy this dish is. It's great for brunches, breakfast or just as a one-dish meal at dinner! I always add 2 serrano peppers because DH and I like it hot! I hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Chef Lil' Momma Jenn
This was yummy. I mixed the full recipe but I only cooked half in an 8x8, (saving the other half for another night). I used hash browns that already had peppers & onions, I also used cream of chicken soup since we don't care for mushrooms. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe.
- 1 (2 lb) bag O'Brien potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 lb breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup or 10 ounces cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- This is very important: Microwave the whole bag of potatoes for 5-10 minutes before starting casserole. You want them completely defrosted and even slightly cooked.
- Mix all ingredients, RESERVING 2 CUPS CHEESE, in large mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture in a greased 9x13 casserole baking dish.
- Bake covered at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Top with remaining 2 cups cheese.
- Bake uncovered for another 5-10 minutes or until bubbly!