Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I can't even begin to tell you how awesome and yummy this dish is. It's great for brunches, breakfast or just as a one-dish meal at dinner! I always add 2 serrano peppers because DH and I like it hot! I hope you enjoy!
- 1 (2 lb) bag O'Brien potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 lb breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup or 10 ounces cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- This is very important: Microwave the whole bag of potatoes for 5-10 minutes before starting casserole. You want them completely defrosted and even slightly cooked.
- Mix all ingredients, RESERVING 2 CUPS CHEESE, in large mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture in a greased 9x13 casserole baking dish.
- Bake covered at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Top with remaining 2 cups cheese.
- Bake uncovered for another 5-10 minutes or until bubbly!
This was yummy. I mixed the full recipe but I only cooked half in an 8x8, (saving the other half for another night). I used hash browns that already had peppers & onions, I also used cream of chicken soup since we don't care for mushrooms. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe.
Super delicious and super easy! Mistakenly added "garlic roasted" cream of mushroom and carefully infused it with a little more garlic powder. Didn't want to chop onion, so crushed some French-fried onions and added them. The aroma in the last few minutes of baking nearly drove my family crazy. Needless to say, no leftovers. Just a great recipe for another "comfort food" day. MV
I just made this for breakfast. YUM YUM!! I did change it a little bit. I used 1 lb of sausage, added diced green pepper and a few shakes of red pepper flakes. It was delicious. This recipe is a keeper.