Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the best tasting fresh guacamole in the universe! It only has 7 ingredients and only takes about 10 minutes to make!!! Please use it in (8 Layer Fiesta Dip) titled "8 Layer Fiesta Dip"
- 5 extra-large very ripe soft avocados or 10 regular size very ripe soft avocados
- 118.29 ml finely diced roma tomatoes
- 59.14 ml finely chopped cilantro
- 28.39 ml finely diced white onion
- 4 finely chopped fresh jalapeno peppers
- 2 fresh limes
- salt, to taste
- Peel all of the avacodos, cut them in half, and remove the large seed in each one.
- Place them all in a large bowl and mash with fork or potato masher until creamy (there will still be some small chunks).
- Add all of the tomato, onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- Stir until well blended.
- Cut each lime in half and squeeze all of their juices into the mixture.
- Stir well.
- Taste, and then ad salt to suit your taste.
- Remember, this is usually eaten on salty tortilla chips, so do not over do the salting!
- Will keep for about one week when tightly covered and kept in the refrigerator.
Great recipe. But it is much easier to run the knife from top to bottom all the way around the avocado. Then lightly twist the two halves in opposite directions. Remove the pit by whacking it with the blade of the knife and twisting it out. Then scoop out the flesh with a spoon. No mess.
This is a great recipe. I've been making guac this way for years -- except I add lots of garlic. ;-)
Mixed a batch of this up today at half-time watching football. We thought it was as good, if not better, than our usual guacamole. I tagged this for Healthy Choices ABC. I will have to try it next time with the 8 layer fiesta dip!