Top Review by Bill722
Great recipe. But it is much easier to run the knife from top to bottom all the way around the avocado. Then lightly twist the two halves in opposite directions. Remove the pit by whacking it with the blade of the knife and twisting it out. Then scoop out the flesh with a spoon. No mess.
- 5 extra-large very ripe soft avocados or 10 regular size very ripe soft avocados
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced roma tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄8 cup finely diced white onion
- 4 finely chopped fresh jalapeno peppers
- 2 fresh limes
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel all of the avacodos, cut them in half, and remove the large seed in each one.
- Place them all in a large bowl and mash with fork or potato masher until creamy (there will still be some small chunks).
- Add all of the tomato, onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- Stir until well blended.
- Cut each lime in half and squeeze all of their juices into the mixture.
- Stir well.
- Taste, and then ad salt to suit your taste.
- Remember, this is usually eaten on salty tortilla chips, so do not over do the salting!
- Will keep for about one week when tightly covered and kept in the refrigerator.