Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I call this the ultimate because I have never had anything quite like it. This is another versatile recipe. I used a Havarti cheese, but Provolone would be good too. I wouldn't use a tangier cheese, though, because there is a lot going on in this. But, I do recommend a "white" cheese. Use a good bread, too. A nice crusty bread works best. And, use butter. Also, I did make one sandwich with a slice of prosciuto on it and it was very good also. The mild pepper rings in this recipe are from a jar. Found by the pickles in the grocery store. You can use any heat level you like.
- 4 slice sourdough bread, 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 slice havarti cheese (or more if desired)
- 2 slice prosciutto (optional)
- yellow mustard
- 59.14 ml green olives, drained
- 59.14 ml pepper rings, mild, drained
- In a small food processor, or food chopper, combine the drained green olives, and mild pepper rings and process until coarsely chopped.
- Butter the outsides of the bread. Spread one side of your sandwich inside with mustard.
- Spread the olive mixture over the mustard side of the bread.
- Place the cheese on the olives mixture, and if using prosciutto, lay that on top of the cheese.
- Top the sandwich with the other slice of bread, butter side out.
- Cook in a skillet until browned on each side.
I had to use provolone cheese as an alternate as suggested. There is alot going on in this sandwich, but a very good sandwich. Liked the addition of the pepper rings in this, as it made for a nice lunch. Made for Pick a Chef 2011..