Becky in Wisconsin's Note:
I call this the ultimate because I have never had anything quite like it. This is another versatile recipe. I used a Havarti cheese, but Provolone would be good too. I wouldn't use a tangier cheese, though, because there is a lot going on in this. But, I do recommend a "white" cheese. Use a good bread, too. A nice crusty bread works best. And, use butter. Also, I did make one sandwich with a slice of prosciuto on it and it was very good also. The mild pepper rings in this recipe are from a jar. Found by the pickles in the grocery store. You can use any heat level you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small food processor, or food chopper, combine the drained green olives, and mild pepper rings and process until coarsely chopped.
- 2Butter the outsides of the bread. Spread one side of your sandwich inside with mustard.
- 3Spread the olive mixture over the mustard side of the bread.
- 4Place the cheese on the olives mixture, and if using prosciutto, lay that on top of the cheese.
- 5Top the sandwich with the other slice of bread, butter side out.
- 6Cook in a skillet until browned on each side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.1
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.9 mg
- Sodium 1132.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 22.2 g