1/6 Photos of Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This recipe comes from Canadian House and Home. It is soooo good. It's baked so it's easy to make more than 1 at a time. The cheese oozes out of the sandwiches while baking and becomes a crunchy crust around the bread. Use a really good bread and slice it extra thick. You can use commercial mango chutney or try this home-made version: Mango Chutney
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place empty baking sheet in oven and preheat to 450°F.
- 2Slice bread into 3/4" slices.
- 3Butter both sides of bread.
- 4Spread half of slices with Mango Chutney.
- 5Slice cheese 3/8" thick and place on other slices of bread.
- 6Place chutney spread slices over slices with cheese.
- 7Remove baking sheet from oven.
- 8Place sandwiches on hot baking sheet.
- 9Return to hot oven.
- 10Bake for 8 minutes, until golden on bottom.
- 11Flip over sandwiches and bake another 8 minutes.
- 12Let stand 3 to 4 minutes so cheese cools off.
- 13Cut into halves or quarters.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.7
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 119.1 mg
- Sodium 1045.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: