This recipe comes from Canadian House and Home. It is soooo good. It's baked so it's easy to make more than 1 at a time. The cheese oozes out of the sandwiches while baking and becomes a crunchy crust around the bread. Use a really good bread and slice it extra thick. You can use commercial mango chutney or try this home-made version: Mango Chutney
- Place empty baking sheet in oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Slice bread into 3/4" slices.
- Butter both sides of bread.
- Spread half of slices with Mango Chutney.
- Slice cheese 3/8" thick and place on other slices of bread.
- Place chutney spread slices over slices with cheese.
- Remove baking sheet from oven.
- Place sandwiches on hot baking sheet.
- Return to hot oven.
- Bake for 8 minutes, until golden on bottom.
- Flip over sandwiches and bake another 8 minutes.
- Let stand 3 to 4 minutes so cheese cools off.
- Cut into halves or quarters.