Prep 45 mins
Cook 26 mins
From Vegetarian Times
- 1 pizza crust (freshly made or commercial, 12 to 14 inches)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup chopped artichoke heart (canned water-packed and drained well)
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus tips (sliced into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup julienned fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (low-fat, regular or soy)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Prebake the fresh pizza crust, if using, for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Let the oil get heated in a large skillet over medium heat; stir/saute the onions for 3-4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in the broccoli, artichokes, zucchini, and asparagus; cover and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Remove from heat; add in the spinach and stir the mixture until the spinach has just begun to wilt (1 minute); season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the pesto sauce onto the crust, spreading it evenly.
- Top with the cooked vegetables; sprinkle with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Slice and serve.