Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This dense fudgy brownie base is topped with marshmallows and peanuts.
Make and share this Ultimate Fudgy Rocky Road Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate square
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease bottom only of 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Melt 1 cup of butter and 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate in 2 quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add flour, baking powder and salt; mix just until all ingredients are moistened and brownie mixture is smooth.
- Spread brownie mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies just begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/4 cup of butter, cream cheese, 1 oz. chocolate and milk in 2 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in marshmallows and peanuts. Immediately spread over hot brownies. Cool completely; cut into bars. Store refrigerated.
Easy to make - great flavor. I don't know if I would describe it as a brownie as much as I would a cake, but either way the taste was wonderful - very rich. I used dry roasted peanuts and chopped them before mixing in - next time I may just sprinkle them on top and see how that works. I'm only giving it 4 stars because the directions seemed a little off. When making the topping, you stated to stir in powdered sugar and vanilla - neither of which were listed in the ingredients. Otherwise, great recipe (I took this to a football game and didn't bring home any leftovers!). Thanks for sharing!