Recipe by love4culinary
Do not look at the calorie content... this cake is for the chocolate lovers of the world. If you do not LOVE chocolate with all of your heart and soul.. you might not want to make this cake.. because it is FULL of fudgy chocolate heaven hehe :-) THE NUTS ARE ESSENTIAL FOR THE SUCCESS OF THIS CAKE. DO NOT LEAVE THEM OUT!!! :-) Cook and prep time does not include time to cool cake. See the instructions for the rest of the time details.
Top Review by Sharon123
I saw the review for this and had to make it! Excellent! I was craving chocolatey chocolate something and this hit the spot! I loved the walnuts! Thanks for a delicious dessert, and snack, why I even had a small piece for breakfast!
For the cake
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups butter, room temperature
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
For the glaze
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4 -5 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- To start, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until very light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to sugar mixture one at a time, and beat well after adding each egg.
- Add your confec sugar a little at a time, blending well.
- With your hands, stir in the flour, cocoa and walnuts.
- Spoon your batter into the prepared bundt pan, and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the lower third of your oven for 45 to 50 minutes until the top is set and the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- You CANNOT test this cake by sticking a toothpick in it.
- This cake will be very fudgy.
- Cool in pan set upright on a wire rack for 1 1/2 hours.
- Then invert onto a serving plate, remove pan and cool cake an additional 2 hours.
- Make your glaze by combining sugar and cocoa and adding just enough milk to make a drizzle consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake, and slice to serve.