Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
For our recent monthly Diners' Club gathering, my assignment was the salad course (to accompany the hostess' Chicken Parmesan). I thought, hmmm, something sweet to balance the salt of the main course, so I just threw together a few of my favorite things, and WOW. For the dressing, I used a blend of two commercial dressings---Brianna's "American Classic" + "Creamy Balsamic". For the caramelized pecans, do a search on this site---many good recipes.
- 12 ounces mixed baby greens
- 12 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup pecans, caramelized (with an added pinch of cayenne pepper)
- 2 small cucumbers, sliced thin (English seedless variety)
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thin
- Wash and spin greens, chill until crisped.
- Put goat cheese in freezer to firm for about 20 minutes, then pinch into 1/2" "blobs".
- Toss everything together, then add favorite vinaigrette!
Awesome!!!!! Loved it with Poppyseed Dressing for a lovely sweet/tart taste. Used feta in place of the gorgonzola. A definite repeat.
Loved this salad! Made for My Three Chefs and served a creamy Balsamic over it!