Ultimate Experimental Banana Pancakes
- Place 4 bananas in microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap and cut several steam vents in plastic with paring knife. Microwave on high power until bananas are soft and have released liquid, about 4 minutes. Transfer bananas to fine-mesh strainer placed over medium bowl and allow to drain, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes (you should have ½ to ¾ cup liquid).
- Transfer liquid to medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until reduced to ¼ cup, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat, stir reduced liquid into bananas, and mash with potato masher until fairly smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg, whisking to combine. In a smaller bowl whisk together the brown sugar, milk, egg, oil, vanilla and cooled mashed banana.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined being careful not to over mix, adding more milk if the batter is too thick for your preference.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium heat. Ladle batter into onto the hot cooking surface and cook until bubbles form on top – about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for a minute or two more. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with diced bananas, walnuts and the decadent warm Maple Glaze!
- To make glaze, simply warm the syrup and butter and whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla and reserved banana liquid until smooth. Pour over pancakes for Sugary Heaven!