Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Only 3 ingredients! This is my all-time favorite dessert recipe, and ironically one of the easiest I've come across. Anyone can make it, yet the taste is something you'd expect from a professional chocolatier.
- 1 (18 ounce) package Oreo cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) box baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate, 1 bar
- Set out 1 pkg Philadelphia Cream cheese.
- In a blender or food processor, blend 1 pks Oreos until a fine powder is formed throughout TIP: Do this is small groups, 5 or 6 oreos at a time. If you do it all at once, it's impossible to get a consistent powder.
- Remove any remaining cookie pieces.
- Knead 1 pkg philadelphia cream cheese into mix until mixture is consistent throughout.
- Roll into 2 in balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate 30 minute (Or freeze 10 min).
- Melt 1 bar Baker's semi-sweet chocolate.
- Using two spoons, coat each ball individually.
- Place on cookie sheet and refrigerate 30 minute.
Wow, what a great recipe! I really liked these truffles. They are intensely chocolatey on the outside and so creamy on the inside. I made 1/4 the recipe and ended up with 10 big truffles. Next time Im making these (and there will definitely be a next time) I will use a bit less cream cheese in order to bring out the oreo flavour even more and achieve a slightly firmer truffle. But thats just personal preference.
I used part golden oreos so that my truffle centres came out a bit lighter in colour.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this delicious recipe here with us, midnight blue!
Made and reviewed for one of my babies during PAC Spring 2012.
I thought about cutting this recipe down for just the 2 of us, then decided I'd take some of them to share at a park-wide potluck so made the whole thing! In a word or two ~ Absolutely D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! Thoroughly enjoyed making 'em & my chocoholic sweet-tooth was wonderfully satiated! Definitely a recipe worth keeping around! Many thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]