Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich, moist and delicious - perfect for cake or cupcakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup cooled brewed coffee
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1. Measure and sift all the dry ingredients (first six) in a medium size bowl,
- stir and set aside.
- 2. Mix eggs and oil in mixing bowl.
- 3. Add vanilla and coffee.
- 4. Alternate mixed dry ingredients and half & half mixing in between.
- 5. Pour batter into greased pans and bake. Cupcakes use liners no grease.
- Either two 9 inch round cake pans for 20 minutes or
- one 9x13 inch pan longer - 30 minutes ? check after 25 or
- 24 cupcake (use 1/3 cup of batter for each) 17 minutes or.
- 48 mini cupcakes (use slightly less than 1/4 cup batter) 15 minutes.