Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Family Tradition - - Would not be Easter with our Creamed Eggs on Toast.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, Chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, Sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh pepper
- paprika or parsley
- Peel, chop and slice eggs.
- In a heavy saucepan melt butter. Stir in flour, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add Milk (all at once). Cook and stir until mixture is bubbly and thick. Continue to cook about 2 minutes more.
- Carefully stir in eggs, heat through.
- Serve over buttered toast points.
- Garnish with paprika or parsley.
This is a delicious creamed egg recipe. Made as written with the exception of using 2 cups of half-and half, I wanted more sauce. Thick and creamy. *Made for Fall 2008 My 3 Chefs* Thanks!