Recipe by Sourgirlt
I used this in a basic crab cake recipe to get rid of some left over veggies, It came out with a good twist to traditional crab cakes
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (add more to get a good texture and hold if needed)
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- Crab cakes:.
- Heat olive oil in pan and add peppers, onions, hot pepper sauce, old bay and parsley. Cook until veggies are tender.
- Break up lump crab meat and check for shells and remove.
- Add veggie mixture, crab, eggs and bread crumb and mix well. Mixture should just stick together and not be too wet, you can add more bread crumbs a little at a time.
- Refrigerate for a 1/2 hour, shape into patty's and heat butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remoulade sauce
- Mix all ingredients together and chill until ready to serve.