1 hr 25 mins
You can cheat and make this with imitation crabmeat but of course the real stuff is better, if you are using frozen crabmeat make certain to squeeze out any excess moisture before using for this recipe --- if you are a spinach lover then add in the full box of spinach if not just use half a box as the spinach tends be over powering, you can use 1 pound fresh spinach in place of frozen --- you can stuff the shells and refrigerate until ready to bake, and this is also great with a red sauce instead of the Parmesan cheese sauce :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml butter (no substitutes)
- 59.14 ml flour
- 236.59 ml full-fat milk
- 354.88 ml half-and-half cream
- 236.59 ml grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- 453.59 g crabmeat, flaked (fresh or frozen)
- 566.99 g box frozen spinach (cooked and well drained, squeeze out moisture with hands)
- 354.88 ml ricotta cheese
- 354.88 ml parmesan cheese (can use more to taste)
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- shredded mozzarella cheese, for topping
- 15 manicotti, cooked to only firm-tender
- 1To make the sauce: in a saucepan over medium heat melt butter.
- 2Add in flour and whisk for about 3 minutes.
- 3Add in milk and half and half whisk over heat until bubbly and thickened.
- 4Add in the Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and Tabasco to taste; stir until the cheese melts.
- 5Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 6Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 7In a bowl mix together crab, well drained spinach, ricotta, and Parmesan cheese, onions, egg, salt and pepper; mix well to combine.
- 8Fill each cooked shell with crab/cheese filling using clean hands.
- 9Place in a single layer in prepared baking dish.
- 10Cover with the Parmesan cheese sauce (does not have to cover completely!).
- 11Sprinkle with grated mozzeralla cheese (any amount desired).
- 12Bake uncovered for about 25-30 minutes (do not over bake!).
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Crab and Spinach Manicotti With Parmesan Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.7 mg
- Sodium 602.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: