Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not for people watching their waistline but the ultimate cookies and cream experience in a cupcake form.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extract (almond, chocolate, or vanilla)
- 10 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted if clumpy
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 5 Oreo cookies, finely mashed
- For the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 12 muffin cups with paper or aluminum foil liners.
- In a medium bowl or on a large square of waxed paper, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and vinegar; set aside for a few minutes to curdle.
- Add the sugar, oil and vanilla extract and other extract, if using, and beat until foamy. Add the dry ingredients in 2 increments, and beat until no large lumps remain.
- Add the chopped cookies to the batter, stirring just to combine. Spoon the batter into the liner cups, filling them three-quarters full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cupcakes cook, in the bowl , beat the shortening and butter on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes, until well combined and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low to add the sugar until incorporated, and then increase to medium-high speed to beat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and milk; beat on the same speed for 5 to 7 minutes, until fluffy. Add the cookie crumbs, mixing well.
- Frost the cupcakes and serve!
These were excellent! The only thing I would change is to make half the amount of frosting. I had a ton leftover for my cupcakes.
this is one of my favorite cupcakes I love Oreo cupcakes and I tried this recipe for school and my students loved it thank you for this recipe :)