Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Paula Deen's version of a cream cheese coffee cake that in reality tastes more like a cheese danish. Either way, it is delicious!
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, separated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press the dough from 1 can of crescents into the bottom of a 9-x 13-inch baking dish. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, 3/4 cup of the sugar, the vanilla, and the egg yolk at medium speed until soft and lump-free, about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides as you do so. Spread this mixture over the dough. Top with the second can of crescent dough.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg white with a whisk just until frothy and brush on top of the cake. Sprinkle the cake with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup of chopped pecans, if desired. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the cake is nicely golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool in the pan. Serve warm.