Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
These little gems are bursting with scads of chocolate:) and just a minimal amount of flour to hold everything in line! Crispy outside and soft inside, with a chocolate rush so intense your mouth may feel it for days!!! Hope you love these:) *Prep time includes chill time.*
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup of the chocolate chips, vanilla, and butter together; stirring, until smooth.
- Remove pan from heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together for 2 minutes with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Beat in the vanilla and chocolate mixture.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; add to the chocolate mixture just until combined.
- Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Cover dough and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Remove about 1 cup of the dough from the refrigerator; with lightly floured hands, roll into 1" balls.
- Place 2" apart on ungreased or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350*F.
- oven for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly puffed and set.
- Cool for 3-4 minutes on the cookie sheets before removing to a wire rack; cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
This recipe is rich, rich, rich...which is what I love about it. I am a very healthy eater but one cookie will do it. Also, the "batter", which is more like a big piece of solid chocolate, lasts and lasts so you can bake fresh cookies over a period of a week or so. For those who like dark chocolate (like me) it's the best cookie I've ever had!
In the last three weeks, I have made three batches of these cookies. They are so delicious! I use dark cocoa powder and in place of unsweetened chocolate I use 70% Dark Chocolate squares. So yummy!
Wow! These cookies are to die for! You gotta try them! Elaine