Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I get rave reviews on this recipe. It is the perfect amount of chocolate with the strawberries. Tip: Watch how many brownies you place on the bottom layer. If you put to many you may not have enough room to finish the top layer.
- 1 (19 7/8 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen extra creamy whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled, and halved
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) chocolate candy bars
- 1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
- 2. In large bowl, combine pudding mix, water, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces of the extra creamy whipped topping until no streaks remain.
- 3. In trifle bowl or glass serving dish place half the brownies, half the pudding mixture, half the strawberries, and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.
Excellent! I did make one change though. Instead of whipped topping I used heavy whipping cream. I thought it would be too sweet with